For the week of Thanksgiving, if…
|Your Delivery Day is:||You will Receive Your Order on:|
Web store hours will also be shortened to allow us to assemble your orders – details forthcoming.
A new shipment arrived from Bluebird Grains this morning. We have added 2 pound bags of Emmer Flour and smaller bags of their Emmer-Sage Biscuit mix. Other items include the Pancake Mix, Potlatch Pilaf and the Hot Cereal Blend. Check out the More Items section of the web store and the article about Bluebird in last month’s Sunset Magazine.
The Winter Vegetable Medley ($35) this week includes:
5 lbs Red Beets, 5 lbs Purple Carrots, 5 lbs Sunchokes, 5 Delicata Squash and 2 Butternut Squash.
As we mentioned last week, a holiday tradition here at Terra continues this year with a food drive for area food banks. As in years past we will match all donations dollar-for-dollar but this year we are going to be tracking where donations are coming from, aggregate all donations and matching funds by city, and then find the closest food bank to donate the food to. All communities face food insecurity and because our network extends beyond Tacoma we want you to be able to make a positive contribution to the needs of the hungry where you live.
You can make a donation in one of two ways:
- Login to your Terra Organics account and view the “More Stuff” category in the webstore (during webstore hours only). There is an “item” called “$5 Food Bank Donation.” You can make donations in $5 increments up to $500.
- Reply to this email, send an email later, call, write us a letter, telegram…
The charge will be assessed to your account along with the rest of your order. We will share the total amount raised and the list of food banks that will receive donations the week of Thanksgiving, along with how much produce will be sent.
Here are some of the highlights and specials for the upcoming week:
- Mishirasu Asian Pears from Dry Slough, at $1.50 each
- First of the season Satsuma Mandarins and Navel Oranges
- Gorgeous CA grown vine tomatoes at $2.75 per pound
- Local Savoy Cabbage at $3.75 per head
- Newly Added Sweet Potatoes at $1.75 per pound
If you have an order scheduled for this upcoming week, you will receive an email notifying you when the web store has been opened for your delivery day.
If you need to make any changes to your subscription, schedule a vacation or make a payment Click Here to Login to Your Account
The Terra Organics Team