- Fruit chosen for flavor and regional adaptability
- A boost of antioxidants from the apple skins—15% more than non-organic.
- Soil-building practices that help protect our water sources and keep them clean.
- Sustainable farm businesses that receive little public funding.
- $2.50/lb and priceless hidden benefits
- Fruit bred for ship-ability and shelf life.
- Pesticide residues from the apple skins—up to 42 different toxic chemicals.
- A water supply regularly contaminated with chemicals above safe limits.
- $250 billion spent on farm subsidies from 1995 to 2009.
- $1.50/lb and shocking hidden costs